Woman dies by Electrocution at New Delhi Railway Station

Minutes before a 34-year-old school teacher Sakshi Ahuja could board a train to Chandigarh from New Delhi railway station, she was electrocuted outside the premises after accidentally coming in contact with a live wire amid rainfall on sunday. [source: the indian express]

A case has been registered against unidentified persons under:

Section 287 IPC: negligent conduct with respect to machinery

Section 304A IPC: causing death by negligence

When reached, BSES yamuna power limited which supplies electricity to new delhi railway station, refused to offer a comment. Point to note here is that the BSES safety regulations advice for frequent maintenance of electrical equipment post installation. [source: the hindu and bses website] Sakshi’s death spotlights the sorry state of public infrastructure, even in a place like the national capital . How live wires were left open is a big question which railways and electrical authorities need to answer. Sakshi’s death was avoidable and accountability must be fixed so that no such precious life is lost in future.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Skip to content